Aug 31, 2007

Harry Potter

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Have been so ever since I read HP and the Philosopher's Stone when I was about 10 years old. I've read every book (including "Deathly Hallows") and seen every movie (up to OOTP) and I'm proud to say it truly is an impressive franchise. One thing that disappointed me about the movies (except the fact that A LOT of sub-plots and characters from the books were eliminated) is (the new) Dumbledore's appearance. He doesn't remotely look the old, wise, keeps-his-cool-in-tight-situations, white-"long enough to reach his belt"-haired father-figure I'd imagined him to be. I think that the late Richard Harris (R.I.P.) was all that, and maybe even more. He WAS Dumbledore. Period.
(Richard Harris) Pictures by W.B.(Michael Gambon)
Another GIGANTIC mismatch is the colour of Harry's eyes. Guys, Harry's eyes are supposed to be (like Lily's) emerald green. This is immensely important, as we find out in book seven. Daniel Radcliffe's eyes are blue. He said they tried giving him contact lenses to make his eyes green, but they were bothering him. One would say : 'Come on, such an important detail can't be put aside for something like comfort, can it?' Well, seems it can...*sigh*

0 comments: