Dec 11, 2007

Express yourself!

I've always thought one should express his personality any way he can.
I mean, why be who you are, an individual and all, if you're not showing it? How can you say you're different if you're not proving it? By the way, isn't that what blogs are for? I know that's why I created this blog, because I sought a way to express and to find out who I was. Now, you should find out who you are!
I'm not going to list all the ways you can express yourself, because tomorrow I've got a term paper, but writing and drawing are two of the most prominent ones.

Drawing...here's something you'll find as being fun if you're into drawing (or not) :
As far as writing is concerned, if you feel up to the task of expressing who you are by literary means, either by a work of fiction, an article on something you find interesting or any original composition, go ahead and try it out. Maybe you have literary talent... if you don't try and find out, how can you tell?

I guarantee that you will find it both relaxing and rewarding and, when you're done, you can send me an e-mail at cosminhards@yahoo.com with the composition. We can discuss it if that's what you'd like and I promise that, with your agreement (if it's not spam), I'll post it to the blog.

You know what, I'm calling this a campaign. A campaign on finding out who you really are, as an individual in today's society. You can send your thoughts and compositions to the email above, and I'm going to post them periodically, so we can find out who we are together!

"Express yourself!" - Let others see who you are and you won't feel sorry about it!

2 comments:

Vash said...

Well, I usually express myself through drawing..Lately I found out I like to write short English poems.But nowadays people tend to make a mockery of one's feelings and preferences.. and that's why I'm kind of ...shy.

Moony said...

It's ok to be shy, considering the fact that most people consider that showing or talking about your feelings is shameful and treat those who practice it accordingly. Just remember that everybody has both his own feelings and his preferences that make him act the way he does and be who he is.
The true shame would be to hold all of who you are inside, and slowly let it die. Showing who you are to others is educational both to you, and to them and perhaps if we all would do that, act as the individuals that we are (or, at least, should be) more would understand this.
The bottom line is, don't be afraid to express who you are, because then you transform into someone else.