Dec 14, 2007

I look like my dog

Here are the winners of a show called "I look like my dog":Congratulations to them for looking like their dogs! (don't really know if that's a good thing, though, looking like a dog :-/ )

The weird thing is, I've noticed for a long time now that, generally speaking, people tend to have dogs that resemble them. I guess that they choose their dogs as to look like them, because such a coincidence would be quite a wonder.

No, this is a generally valid idea in marketing: one buys something that validates him, that matches what he thinks of himself. People are much more likely to buy something when the salesperson is smart enough to create an image of what the buyer thinks of himself and then sell him that image, impersonated by the object of the buy.

I'm not still sure if looking like a dog is a thing one should be proud of, but whatever...

0 comments: